Friday, November 14, 2008

Xuan Kong Fei Xing started around 1930?

Recently someone is spreading the unfounded information that Xuan Kong Fei Xing 玄空飞星is a school that started around 1930. His intention is to say that this relatively new school of Feng Shui does not work as some masters claim and that his practices are much more powerful. This is very poor marketing exposing his ignorance.

Probably this person can speak but not read and write in Chinese. The principles of Xuan Kong begins with the Qing Nang Jing 青囊经 given to Zhang Liang 张良 by Huang Shi Gong 黄石公 during the reign of Qin Shi Huang 秦始皇 (259 BC - 210 BC). The technique of the flying stars is well explained in the classics Xuan Kong Mi Zhi 玄空秘旨,Xuan Ji Fu 玄机赋, Fei Xing Fu 飞星赋 all published in the Song Dynasty 宋朝 (960-1279).

JY

4 comments:

traditionalfengshui said...

I read this rumour online in 2005.

I thought of using similar logic to check how old the Yijing is, so I took out my classic. It's the Richard Wilhelm one and I see it was first published in 1951. Therefore, the Yijing is hardly old, actually quite modern in concept and cannot be considered a classic.

Regards
Antoinette

Jeannie said...

Hi Antoinette,

If you were the Antoinette I knew, I hope you meant it as sacarsm and a joke.

Regards.
Jeannie

traditionalfengshui said...

Hi Jeannie

You've got the right person, the sarcasm and the joke:-)

Regards
Antoinette

Simon said...

Interesting rumour this is... I heard that some consider the Black Hat Sect (BTB) Feng Shui school as thousands of years old tradition, but as I know those methods exist only since the 1980s.

As I see, people often confused about what defines the authenticity. The currently used methods or the ancient tradition upon which they are built. I think these need to be considered as a coherent and composite whole.